... As I move into my role as AD I would like to thank the outgoing AD, Borys Medicky, for his many years of hard work. The board, musicians and NBBP audience have all appreciated his encyclopedic knowledge, his thoughtful programming, and his musicianship. I am so pleased that he will continue on as a very important part of the group. ...
Saturday, March 28th, 2015 ~ Messiah Performance (HAMILTON)
Sunday, March 29th, 2015 ~ Messiah Performance (WATERLOO)
ALERT! In December we were pleased to make our Hamilton debut with a performance of "Christmas in Leipzig". While we had expected a warm reception, we were surprised and delighted by the exuberance of the large audience. We were very strongly encouraged to come back as soon as possible. And so we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel our Saturday Messiah Sing-Along in Waterloo in order to do a performance in Hamilton. We hope those of you who had looked forward to actually singing Handel's great music will understand, and that you will decide to come to our Waterloo performance on Sunday, March 29, 2pm at First United Church.
Howard Dyck, Conductor
Following the unqualified success of last season’s Messiah performance, the Nota Bene Baroque Players have decided, by popular demand, to repeat the performance of Handel’s great masterpiece. Again this year, the performance(s) will take place one week before Easter, just as the composer intended. Howard Dyck will conduct the the Nota Bene Baroque Players & Singers and four outstanding soloists in what is easily the most beloved choral work in the English-speaking world.
Handel’s Messiah may indeed be the most familiar choral/orchestral work in the entire musical canon. However, the authenticity of performance made possible by the exceptional calibre of the Nota Bene Baroque Players & Singers gives this perennial favourite a freshness and spontaneity rarely heard heard anywhere else.
- Regular and Seniors -- $35
- Students (*with ID) FREE (LIMITED NUMBERS OF TICKETS - 50 tickets available on a first-come/reserve-basis)
- Ticket purchase available at the door
- Ticket reservations by phone: 1-866-303-0009 (leave a message!)
- Tickets for Both Performances Available from the NBBP Box-Office: HAMILTON | WATERLOO
- Ticket purchase from locations in the Region of Waterloo (TBA)
- MESSIAH PERFORMANCE (SATURDAY March 28th) -- HAMILTON
- MESSIAH PERFORMANCE (SUNDAY March 29th) -- WATERLOO
Sunday, April 19th, 2015
The seventeenth-century harpsichord maker Jean Denis called the harpsichord “the most perfect instrument of all instruments”. How does one improve upon perfection? By bringing two harpsichords together, of course! Guest harpsichordist Cynthia Hiebert joins Borys Medicky in a concert of solos and concerti for two harpsichords by J.S. Bach, C.P.E Bach, Gaspard Le Roux, Antonio Soler, Johann Krebs and François Couperin.
* Part of the "Classics at the Registry" concert series.
- Adults - $28.00
- Seniors - $25.00
- eyeGO & university (* with ID) - $5.00
- Under 12 - FREE
- Advance tickets for all concerts can be purchased through the Centre in the Square Box office at 519-578-1570 or visit the Centre in the Square website to purchase tickets online.
- Ticket purchases available at the door.
- Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Concert Start Time
- The Registry Theatre
122 Frederick Street
Kitchener Ontario, N2H 2L9